Oh man, I've been saying "oh I need to write a post" for like five days now and then get occupied doing something else. I am so overdue on updates! I'm just going to do bullet points because it's easy, and I don't have fancy pictures to share.
- My world is still weird and will continue to be for the foreseeable future sadly. But life must go on so, I'm doing my best.
- My running is still compromised a bit because I am unfortunately facing a horrible plantar fasciitis flare up.. I went out on Saturday intending to do an 11 mile run and only made it 8 miles because I was in such agony that I couldn't keep going. In a normal world, 8 miles is great, but when you are in week 6 of marathon training and still have not done a double digit mile run, it's really not good. I cannot tell you how discouraged I am about it, PF took me down for 2 years and I fought so hard to get back to running, yet here I am again. It's Monday and my foot is still bothering me pretty bad. I suspect it's my "new" running shoes, which have always felt slightly different to me despite being the same brand, model and size. I switched back to my old marathon shoes, but it seems like the damage has been already done. Sigh. I will keep you guys posted.
- I switched to my new shelter shift on Sunday and it works so much better for me! It is challenging because I'm the only person there on my shift, so I'm doing tons of laundry and dishes all by myself, and I don't have as much time to socialize with the dogs. But on the same token, I kind of like being by myself and feel like I'm really getting things done. I was working with two other people on my last shift and it always felt like we were twiddling our thumbs because there wasn't enough for 3 people, so at least now I feel like I am actually helping. At some point I'd like to get my level 2 certification, which would give me authority to be with the dogs in their kennels and also possibly walk them. I'm still loving the experience and I'm really glad I'm doing it!
- The weather is finally effing cooling down. We literally had 90 degree weather last week, which talk about the ultimate "I give up." Today was in the 60s and raining and is supposed to be like that for the rest of the week. I was able to put on lounge pants tonight if you can believe it!
- I don't know if I ever made the biggest deal about this, though it's something I've mentioned dealing with on and off but I have and have been having GI issues that are pretty severe. I mean I won't go in too much detail, especially since I'd like the keep the handful of blog readers I have, but basically I have issues with going "big potty". Like, it doesn't happen without over the counter medication type issues. It literally does not matter how much water I drink, fiber I eat or any of that, in fact I find that the healthier I eat the worse things are. There is pretty much nothing you could suggest to me that I haven't already tried 19 times. It's been like this on and off for about two years and I am tired of living in constant discomfort, so I am going to a GI doctor next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I generally am very mistrustful of doctors because I find that they don't listen or take me seriously, but I'm trying to think positive on this!
That's about it on the updates. I am going to test my foot out again on Wednesday for a short 4 miler, and hopefully will have good things to report back!