Much like Saul Goodman, I have been Slippin' Jimmy with the blog posts this week! A ton of stuff has been going on is really my only excuse, but it's still no excuse. My friend Anna and I were chatting via email today, and like my hard ass fairy godmother she says, "hope to see some posts soon from my favorite blogger..." And we all know what ellipsis mean...
She's totally right, so thanks for the gentle push Anna! So in a nutshell, here is some stuff that's been going on this week:
1. I weighed in at 202.4 this week, so I am still losing! That has really not been due to exercise, but to tracking my food. Anyway, I'm so very close to my goal to be at 199 during this month!
2. Still dealing with some emotional fallout for having the job I wanted yanked from under me. This has been way tougher for me than I anticipated. Lots of questioning, lots of feeling like a loser, lots of "I still don't know what the hell my purpose is" etc. I know I need to get over it, it's just been tough and frightening so "getting over it" hasn't come easy.
3. I have my 5 miler race tomorrow. I have not run since the Shamrock. And my ankle has been killing me since Shamrock. This should be a blast.
4. We are almost a week away from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and our fabulous trip to Cleveland and Western NY. I am SO EXCITED. It will be really nice to get away from here and get perspective on some things. I need some stimulation for sure. I've already started packing, and I need to pick out something to wear for the ceremony!
5. I have gotten two people close to me (won't identify them because they are private people) to join MyFitnessPal and start tracking their food. It's been awesome and has brought up some great conversations about food, nutrition and health enlightenment between all of us. Both people like the tracking and the patterns they're seeing emerge, which is fantastic! I know I'm not the picture of perfection, and God knows I'm not consistent, but it thrills me when I'm able to make even a tiny difference or convince someone to adopt a healthy habit.
I will post on a more regular basis next week, I promise. There is just a lot going on (some other behind the scenes stuff) so it's been tough!